Black Hat / White Hat
I had heard somewhere that in the great Western films of old, the HERO would always wear a white hat, and the VILLAIN would wear a black one. This color difference made it easier for people to differentiate during the development of the storyline.Because the colors are so different (one being the lack of any color and one being the presence of every color), it made me think about the difference between HERO and VILLAIN. Honestly, a part of me feels that this is truly in the eye of the beholder.Yes, there are VILLAINs in stories that are truly outlandish. The power hungry insane scientist looking to drown the world by melting the polar ice caps, the unruly thug looking to take down the police and any so-called “do-gooder” by forming a mob. There are the jealous second sons of Kings wanting to dispurse of their brother and his offspring to ensure they rule the flourishing kingdom.
For the rest of this rambling, head on over to cranialspasm.com
- Project Greenlight: Sexy Superhero
- Comic Review: Serenity #6
- Book Review: Yesterday’s Kin
- Interview: Justin Giddings and Ryan Welsh of OUTPOST (an Epic Sci-Fi Adventure).
- Comics Review: Serenity–Leaves on the Wind
- Ballistic: New Series From Black Mask Studios
- Show Review: NERDZ! A Seattle-based Nerd-themed Burlqesque Show
- Martial Process Questions
- Conceited Independence
- Book Review: The Innkeeper’s Song