DIY… Sunday? Pretty Flowers!
Sorry for the delayed post this weekend; busy jackie is busy.
But so anyway.. here I am, about to go to some awesome shindig, and don’t know what to do with this mess of hair of mine… BUT.. i have this awesomely shiny red fabric.. so let’s make something –
Here comes the fun part.. We’re going to take a votive candle, and literally burn the edges of each circles, down the seam of the slits, so that they wilt into a flower petal pattern. It’s important to NOT SET YOUR FABRIC ON FIRE. ..just hold it within close proximity of the flame, not IN the flame, and carefully wilt the edges:
ENJOY! And as always.. if you have comments, questions, or requests about DIY Saturdays, leave a note! If you do one of these little crafts yourself, we absolutely want to see pictures!
- Making Comic Con Your Own – Steampunk Style
- Gluing Latex
- Latex Costuming
- Webcomicry and Promotion, or Get Some Frakking Rest!
- Salt Dough Magnets and Key Rings
- What do I do with my webcomic idea: Promotion
- What do I do with my webcomic idea: Web Space
- GeekGirlCon Craft Day!
- DIY: 5 Ways to Feel Warm in Winter without Heat
- Opening a Cellphone: This Could End In Tears