Harry Potter Fans Unite To Save The World!
The Harry Potter Alliance (HPA) is a vast network of fans spread across the world, united in their passion for the Potter stories and using that passion to make change happen. HPA consists of 60 chapters headed by known names in the fandom of J.K. Rowling including Paul DeGeorge of Harry and the Potters, comedian Andrew Slack, Matt Maggiacomo of The Whomping Willows and author Melissa Anelli. Since 2007 the HPA has been raising awareness and funds to assist NGO’s in supporting equality, literacy and human rights. The driving force behind the group is encouraging Harry Potter fans to develop their creativity and use it in any way they can to make the world better. Their most recent accomplishments include winning a $250,000 grant from Chase Community Giving, which they plan to put towards literacy and LGBT rights programs and raising over $123,000 for Partners in Health, an organization providing healthcare for impoverished residents of Haiti.
To get involved and learn more about this incredible group of kind-hearted nerds, go here:
- Harry Potter Gift Guide – Plus – Harry Potter Prize Pack GIVEAWAY!
- Growing Up Potter (kcaB kooL A)
- The Kindness of Others: A Cautionary Tale
- A Robot, A Ninja, and A Gay Guy! Part Deux!
- A Robot, A Ninja and A Gay Guy Need Your Help! Pt. 1
- ‘Monster in my Room’ Cancer Fundraiser
- Top Cow Publisher Promoted to Retailer!
- Night of Too Many Stars
- Special Episode 2/4 – Guest Directors – Stephenie Meyer, J.K. Rowling & George Lucas – Mad Dog McGillicuddy and his Rabid Band of Howler Monkeys