The Apollo Awards: Neat Idea or Cashing In On Nerd Culture
Earlier this morning on Geeky Pleasures, I posted the following press release. Click the clip below or you will be a wee bit lost on this topic.
Not receiving any feedback, I asked the following question on Twitter:
Do you see it as geeks/nerds choosing what they actually like without mainstream telling them what is or is not cool or do you think it is profit grab?
Do you like this idea or does it bother you?
Do you think these are awards are filled with irony due to popularity factor and as geeks and nerds we shouldn’t care about that?
What other issues do you see with this, if any?
What do you think?
- Project Greenlight: Sexy Superhero
- Book Review: Jackrabbit
- Interview: Justin Giddings and Ryan Welsh of OUTPOST (an Epic Sci-Fi Adventure).
- “NAILED IT!” World’s First Nerd Nail-Art
- Comikaze 2013? Yes, Please! (psst – there’s a sale on tickets!)
- The Big Huge Guy Adams Sherlockian Review and Interview
- Review: Valentine, Vol. 1: The Ice Death TP
- Review: Saga, Vol. 1
- Review: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Review: Red Tails