The Future of Gaming?
By now, most of us have seen or heard tale of .” Now, what does this mean for the world of gaming?
Well, we’ll show you what it means. How about an on-screen, interactive, changeable joystick? Students at the University of Massachusetts Lowell Robotics Lab have developed just this. The DREAM (Dynamically Resizing Ergonomic and Multi-touch) is controlled by fingertips on a touch screen, and allows the user to move, resize, and adjust the controls based on gameplay.
Care to see it in action? Check out the DREAM in use with Portal and a flight simulator in this video:
I sure hope this means we’re a step closer to me having THIS in my home:
[and I damn sure don’t mean Tom Cruise]
- Starbreeze / Overkill Pre-E3 & The Walking Dead Game Launch Event
- Rock Band 4?? Yes, Please!
- The Future of Gaming?
- Minimalistic Art for the Geeky Eye
- Ground Kontrol Arcade LADIES NIGHT!
- Reality is Broken: How Games Can Shape The Future
- The Nerdy Casual Gamer
- Games of Nonchalance – Real Life ARG
- Zombies! Are they people too?
- TSIMU: Wil Wheaton and Ali’s Excellent Adventure