Science Channel’s Trek Nation to air November 30!
Official Press Release
When Gene Roddenberry’s epic series Star Trek first aired on September 8, 1966, no one knew what a phenomenon it would become. Forty-five years later, the legacy and millions of fans across the globe still continue to believe that space is the ‘final frontier’ and has yet to be fully explored.
In celebration of this momentous occasion, SCIENCE is working with Gene Roddenberry’s only son, Rod Roddenberry, to produce the world premiere documentary, TREK NATION set to air on Wednesday, November 30.
The film shadows Gene Roddenberry’s son, Rod, as he explores his family legacy and the crusade his father’s passion and curiosity for exploration. Through interviews with his most devoted fans, including George Lucas and J.J. Abrams, TREK NATION follows a son searching for the wisdom of his father. TREK NATION demonstrates that Roddenberry’s work has not only inspired legions of fans across the globe, but also generated a movement which has influenced entertainment, politics, space travel, social morality and much more. TREK NATION profiles how the Star Trek franchise helped foster a timeless understanding of the human condition and captured man’s constant search for a better world.
For more information please visit:
- Comic Review – Star Trek: New Visions “Times Echo”
- Comic Review – Star Trek: Flesh and Stone
- USS Loma Prieta and Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator: A Must for Star Trek Fans
- Double Review: Axe Cop & Star Trek / Dr. Who Crossover
- Awkward Embraces For The Win!
- Christmas just got a heck of a lot cooler!
- NYCC – Day 2 in Photos
- New York Comic Con – Day 2
- Space: The Final Frontier