Undressing Halo Reach (Part 2)
The packaging resembles one from ONI (Office of Naval Intelligence – the spies of 2552). Symbols sprinkled around the box suggest that its contents are classified. Once its opened, a smaller box is revealed, with this note on top:
It’s awesome that even the packaging is part of the fiction of Reach. Opening the second, smaller package unveils the standard game in its box,
and underneath is a note
Beneath that is an ever more secret parcel.
It is Dr. Halsey’s journal. Written by Eric Nylund, author of the first Halo novel, The Fall of Reach, which is Master Chief’s story during the same time period as the game. Halsey is the individual who created the Spartan program and….well, this is a lot of Halo information that I’m sure you could check out for yourself…I just know way too much.
The journal is amasingly detailed and a gorgeous work. It reminds me a little of 42 Entertainment’s Cathy’s Book and its sequels.
When I finish reading that, I’ll post an entry here for fans of Halo fiction, so most of you can skip that.
In Part 3, we get down to it and make sweet love. Sorry it’s taken this long, but you know, life gets in the way.
- Starbreeze / Overkill Pre-E3 & The Walking Dead Game Launch Event
- Rock Band 4?? Yes, Please!
- The Future of Gaming?
- Minimalistic Art for the Geeky Eye
- Ground Kontrol Arcade LADIES NIGHT!
- Reality is Broken: How Games Can Shape The Future
- Podcasts That Got Me Through 2010: #4 Doug Loves Movies
- Video Game & Movie Releases – November
- The Nerdy Casual Gamer
- Games of Nonchalance – Real Life ARG