The Her Universe Fashion Show at Comic-Con 2014
Her Universe, Hot Topic and Nerdist Industries put on their very first “Geek Couture” fashion show last night at SDCC and it was fantastic. The Hyatt Ballroom was packed, the designers came up with some beautiful and unique nerdy outfits, and Her Universe’s very own Ashley Eckstein looked beautiful in a Totoro inspired couture dress, mainly because she was excited to announce that Her Universe has acquired licensing rights for Studio Ghibli merch to be sold at Hot Topic this fall! Yes, I’m just as excited as you!
My personal favorite designs of the night were Lauren Bregman’s “Effie’s Trinkets” worn by stunning model Adrianne Curry, and Andrew MacLaine’s “Regina’s Curse” which literally wowed the crowd. Regina herself, Lana Parrilla, even tweeted about it.
Hopefully this will become an annual event, so you nerds can attend next time. And props to DJ Amanda for playing some sweet 80s jams during the Back to the Future and Metroid inspired portion of the night.
For more information on the event and where to buy cool geek fashion visit http://www.heruniverse.com/
- Interview: Nathan Hamill (Toy Designer, Artist, Nerd)
- Making Comic Con Your Own – Steampunk Style
- Forbes, Sexism, Booth Babes, and Preparing for Cons
- Comikaze 2013? Yes, Please! (psst – there’s a sale on tickets!)
- Los Angeles Nerds – This Week at NerdMelt, 8/1-8/7
- NerdMelt Shows this Week, 2/29-3/6
- NerdMelt Fun Times This Week, 1/19-1/24
- NerdMelt Goodness, Dec 14th – 20th
- Adventures at NYCC
- Geek Girls Invade The Big Apple