Comic Review: Steed and Mrs. Peel #2
Comic Review: Steed and Mrs. Peel–We’re Needed #2 by Edginton, Cosentino, et. al
Review by: Prof. Jenn
We’ve come to the part in the story (from the old Avengers TV series) when our heroes Mr. Steed and Mrs. Peel are in such a pinch we can’t imagine how they will get out of it. Mrs. Peel is interviewing sinister twin criminals and following up on her clues, and Steed is in a particularly precarious situation, vulnerable to the villain of the story. It’s tense and investigatory, as a good Avengers episode should be.
The art continues to be consistently high quality (with an especially lovely cover painting of Mrs. Peel) and works well as storytelling. The characters look enough like Macnee and Rigg that we know who they are, but not so much like actor portraits that we are taken out of the fictional world.
Bottom Line: This is a great series and I can’t wait to see what happens next.
- Sage Escape: Equinox (part 3)
- Book/Game Review: Thief 4
- Sage Escape: Equinox (part 2)
- Comic Review: Kill Shakespeare Vol.4
- Book Review: the Very Best of Kate Elliott
- Comic Review: A Tale of Sand
- Comics Review X2: Edgar Allan Poe and Springheeled Jack
- Graphic Novel Review: Seconds
- Book Review: A Dance in Blood Velvet
- Comics Review: Crime Does Not Pay vol.8