Comic Review: Steed and Mrs. Peel #3
Comic Review: Steed and Mrs. Peel–We’re Needed #3 by Edginton, Cosentino, et. al.
Review by Prof. Jenn
In this, the concluding issue of the three-part “episode,” Mrs. Peel comes to the rescue of Mr. Steed by encountering help of a surprising nature. Of course, just like the TV show, the bad guys get their comeuppance and the good guys prevail. Differently than the show, however, is the open-ended flavor of the ending, suggesting sequels to come.
The art is still consistently good, dark outlines and vivid color adding to the mod feel of the ’60s show, and the flow of the panels show the action very well. The bizarre yet tight plot is well constructed in both the dialogue and the images, and overall this is a rollicking good tale suitable for inclusion In the best of the Steed/Peel TV eps.
Bottom Line: the third in this series is a high quality read. Highly recommended.
- Sage Escape: Equinox (part 3)
- Book/Game Review: Thief 4
- Sage Escape: Equinox (part 2)
- Book Review: the Very Best of Kate Elliott
- Comic Review: A Tale of Sand
- Comics Review X2: Edgar Allan Poe and Springheeled Jack
- Graphic Novel Review: Seconds
- Book Review: A Dance in Blood Velvet
- Comics Review: Crime Does Not Pay vol.8
- Comic Review: Steed and Mrs. Peel #2